Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yada yada yada, now it's almost spring


So much to catch up on in this blog. As with parenting, I guess I will have to take baby steps and not get too overwhelmed.

Quite a lot has happened between the last entry and now, including but not limited to the entire Christmas holiday season! I'm going to have to fast forward through all that or else I'll never blog again. So, in the tradition of Seinfeld: "We had a great Christmas last year, enjoyed staying home for once, Evelyn got potty trained, my mom broke her ankle, yada yada yada, now Evelyn's in daycare and speaking in sentences."

(My mom is fine, but will be laid up til at least April, at which point we need to decide what to do with Evelyn. She loves daycare so much, she asks to go on the weekends!).

Yesterday after picking up Evelyn from daycare and heading home, she was insisting that we go to the "baby book store," which is how she refers to Ambassador Toys on West Portal, which houses 2 baby dolls in particular that she loves to visit. Evelyn loves baby dolls more than ever, holding and shushing and bouncing and feeding her babies at home and in the "baby book store." She loves Rhea's Rufus so much, that her Grandpa ended up getting her a Rufus of her own for Christmas (or as Evelyn called him at first, "E'elyn's Rufus at home." And you'd think that getting Rufus would mean that she'd neglect all of her previous loves, kind of like how her original Baby got bumped when she got Baby Boy. But actually now she lavishes attention on all of her dolls, and stuffed animals too. I guess it's like having another kid -- the love just grows to include everyone.

Anyway, in the store, Evelyn heads straight to the babies, grabs one for herself and plops her in the nearby stroller. She grabs the other one and shoves it over to me, insisting that I hold the baby as we "shop" around the store. Evelyn pushes the stroller around, picking up odds and ends that she says she's buying for baby. Weaving through the aisles yesterday, she suddenly and loudly declares, "I need go poo poo. I need find a potty." As others turn to look at her, I imagine they are thinking the same thing I'm thinking: How cute. Naturally.

After some back and forth where we find the disgusting and unusable bathroom in Rite Aid, she forgets about the potty and goes back to play with the babies, and then remembers and we head into Starbucks, she finally goes and I am just so amazed. I love that fact that she's out of diapers!!! (except at night of course). I cannot stress this enough. No more poopy diapers. NO MORE POOPY DIAPERS!

Back at home, Evelyn's Papa comes home from work and gives me a hug and a kiss. Evelyn drops what she's doing, rushes over and removes John's hand, yelling "No, that's MY Mama!" How cute.

1 comment:

grammy said...

As soon as I got your email I came to the blog - and got caught up. Now, again, it's almost two months and we need more, more, more. :)

As I told the Sawicki's, it has been so long without a blog that I forgot my password, looked for it, couldn't find it, had to reset new one, etc., etc., but now I'm back.

Evelyn is growing fast. And red looks so good on her. I love the stories about her progress and your "no more poopy diapers". Isn't it amazing what makes you happy now... haha

How about some school news... :) We don't want much, just more blogging :)

Love to all...